Sunday, July 18, 2010

life is good in CR

I sat listening to my ipod looking out the window for almost the entire 5 hour bus ride home today. I couldn't fall asleep, but I am glad. I spent the time thinking about this summer and the experience I have been so lucky to have. The people I have met, the places I have seen, and the culture I have witnessed. Sometimes I find myself complaining about the trash in the streets, the rain, and even the food, but I have learned to look beyond that. I stared out the window and saw waterfalls, mountains, and everything was so green. I saw cattle, kids playing soccer, men working in the fields, woman hanging laudry out to dry....and I was happy...thankful. Thankful for my life, for my family, for my friends, and for the opportunities I have had. Did you know that Costa Rica was ranked the happiest country in the world? My life here has been pretty carefree. I have had the chance to escape the everyday stressors of life back home. I am going to miss this place. I still have two weeks left in Costa Rica and I am going to continue to absorb as much of it as I can. To appreciate this beautiful country God has created. This summer I have learned a lot about myself and the things I can accomplish. God has a plan for me and I can't wait to find out what it is.

1 comment: